Sunday, February 6, 2011
The more Sinn Féin TDs elected the louder the voice for those they represent. A vote for Sinn Féin is a vote for real change.
As the only all-Ireland party Sinn Féin is standing on a platform that is underpinned by our republican principles. We are seeking a mandate for:
- Root and branch reform of the political system to produce a genuinely open and accountable form of government that empowers citizens and ends the notion of political elites
- The protection and creation of jobs
- An end to the two-tier health and education systems
- The proper use of Ireland’s natural resources for the common good
- Continued support for the Peace Process and the Good Friday Agreement
Sinn Féin is the only party to spell out clearly that we will put those on middle and low incomes first and that we would reverse cuts to public services and social welfare introduced in Budget 2011. In Government we would:
- Reverse budget cuts, specifically to public services and social welfare
- Reverse the cut in the minimum wage
- Abolish the Universal Social Charge
Sinn Féin would end cronyism. Reform must start with the Dáil — that means cutting the wages and expenses of Ministers and TDs. Next week we will launch our full manifesto setting out in more detail our specific proposals.